Yesterday...

Yesterday was a new experience. Lucy was fussy all day long! She got up at 9am and ate, then she didn't fall asleep until noon (she usually falls back asleep after she eats). She seemed fussy and wouldn't eat anything else that morning. She woke up at 1, ate very little, then cried and cried and cried. I had a suspicion that it was because she hadn't pooped at all that day and her tummy probably hurt. I gave her a baby-massage, I rocked her, carried her around the house, sang to her, tried to feed her, I gave her a bath (she did calm down for that, but then started crying again), I did everything I could think of. By 2:30 I was so tired of the crying! So I put her in the stroller, grabbed the dog, and we went for a 30 minute walk. She was nice and quiet the whole time, it was great (tho incredibly hot)! As soon as we got back home she started crying again. So I tried to feed her again and she ate... and then... boy did she poop! Hahaha, it was a major sound and it startled the dog!! So I changed her nasty, gooey, very full diaper and she fell asleep.

The rest of the evening went great! I took a shower and felt refreshed from my long day. Daniel made dinner and gave me a good foot rub (tho the foot rub was nice, oh so very nice!, I wish he hadn't been on the phone with his mom the whole time he was doing it). We relaxed and for a moment, it felt like the times before we had a daughter--- quiet.


Lucy didn't wake up until 7ish and then she ate again and just layed in my arms, awake and happy. She didn't get fussy again, which is good since she seems to be getting fussy around 7pm now--- on a daily basis. As I was holding her she pooped again, but it didn't sound near as gooey as that last one. I was waiting for her to go again before I changed her diaper so she sat with me a little longer. I was "playing" with her, making sounds and faces, trying to get her to smile. I had moved her from having her back to me to facing me and we were having fun. Then.... my lap felt wet. I thought "Did she pee on me?" So I picked her up and looked at my lap, it was damp in spots, but it didn't seem like pee. Then I looked at her back.... oh-my-goodness... she had pooped out her pants and it was all over her onesie and all over my clothes!!! Hahahaha, it was so hilarious! I had no idea, she must have done it earlier because it was also on my shirt but I never felt it. It soaked thru all the clothes I was wearing! I held Lucy while Daniel took her onesie off and wiped her back off. Then he gave her a new diaper while I changed my clothes.


So even tho the majority of the day was spent with a fussy baby the end of the day was wonderful and made all the fussiness irrelevant.

No comments: