Payless is misleading you

Check out this pair of kids shoes.  
The normal price is $19.99 and the sale price is $19.99.  How is that possible?  My first thought was that they were in the wrong box.  Then I saw this:
These are the same style shoes in a different size.  As you can see the original price tag has a sticker on it that says $22.99.  Under that sticker is the original price of $19.99.  I was a bit taken aback by that.  What is going on here?

That's when I noticed the sales lady with stickers in her hands putting these higher priced stickers on the shoes.  Here are a few more examples. 

Under the $24.99 sticker is a price of $19.99.  Really, how are these on sale then??!!

And this one too.  Under the $17.99 sticker price it shows the price being $14.99.  Sure this one is actually on sale, but why be misleading??

I left the store with a strange feeling.  Why I Payless doing this?  Why are they misleading their customers?  Why are they saying a shoe is on sale when it's not really?

No comments: