In case you didn't know, here's the back story in a nutshell. Pella called and asked me to cover (full time) for a girl who was going out on maternity leave. She is due at Christmas but was unexpectedly written out of work by her doctor on 11-18. So I agreed and went back Monday the 24th to fill her shoes.
Fortunantly my dad has this week off and was able to watch Lucy on short notice. I've been able to line of family and friends to watch her for most days. If any of you are interested in babysitting from 8:30 - 4:30 during the week let me know!!! I still need help. Next week is covered but the weeks after still have gaps. I'm not worried tho. No need to do that, I say. I'm just taking this one week at a time.
It's been nice to be back in the land of adults. Funny we only seem to talk about our kids! I enjoy feeling needed, too. As much as I enjoy this, I'm glad it's just for a few weeks. I really miss Lucy. Yesterday I only got to play with her for about an hour the whole day! And that was only because I went home at lunch. She fell asleep at 4:45pm and didn't get up until 6 this morning (with some feedings during the night).
One the lady gets back to work we will be doing a job-share so we can both spend time with our families. I hope it all works out!
No comments:
Post a Comment