Beach Time!

We took Lucy to the beach once when she was a few months old. She slept the whole time and never saw it. So today we decided to make another attempt. It's miserably hot in our condo since we have the worst design ever. One teeny, tiny window upstairs; a front door & sliding door that are right next to each other. That's all the ventilation we have. Plus our patio is enclosed in a giant stucco wall. No breeze. No window on the other side of the house (the door and windows are on the same front). Yuck. So needless to say I'm very concerned about this upcoming summer...
Anyway. We decide to head to the beach to cool off then stop at BJ's on our way home for dinner (gift card!!). First we want to make a stop at BRU or Toys R Us to get a hat for Lucy. We also want to get an umbrella stroller since that is much easier than our massive stroller for short trips. We have a gift card and a coupon! So we head to the one in Fullerton. Only pink strollers there, not for us. We want a stroller that can be used for boys and girls. So we head to the one in Huntington Beach. Again, only pink strollers -- and they are more expensive! Plus no hats. The AC in our car isn't working so well (aka at all). So by this time I'm hot and sweaty and have windburn from the freeway. I'm miserable and decide I no longer want to go to the beach (shocker I know). Let's just eat and go home. Daniel thinks we are too close (he's right, we were only a couple miles away) so off we go. We find a great parking spot at a meter! But no change.... So we head over past Main St into a residential area and find free parking. Yipee! Plus it was right next to an entrance to the beach.

Lucy's first impression of the sand was not good. She immediatly hated it. Too much of the unknown...


Walking with Daddy to the water

They got wet...
... and Lucy didn't like that so mucn


Watching the birds
Playing with the fun sand toys!
Daddy's handywork (with a mold)

I even wore my bathing suit!!
Walking back to the car with Daddy

We went to BJ's then home. Overall it was a fun, enjoyable day. Plus it was oh so nice and cool at the beach!!!!!! Oh and one good thing came out of the second Toys R Us we went to. We figured out which carseat we want to get Lucy. It's the Graco Natilus 3-in-1.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The carseat looks awesome and I am so glad that you guys did not give up! It looks like you had a great time. I miss home!

Peterson Party of 5 said...

Stopping by from DayTripping Mommies!
Love the beach pics. I never get a bad shot taking pics of the girls there. It is so much better to do our family pics there vs. a portrait studio.

Come visit: www.petersonpartyof5.blogspot.com and join us as a "Bloggin BFF".

xoxo,
Doreen