It's been quite a week!

I've ended up taking both the girls to the doctor's this week for a couple little accidents.  First, not really an accident, Lucy poked Penelope in the eye.  I wasn't too worried at first, although she did cry like she was in pain not like she was annoyed, since Lucy has done that before.  But the eye was still red and swollen after a couple hours which it usually isn't.  She also would close her eyes for several minutes, squeezing them shut... so I took her in.  Penelope has two scratches to her cornea and got a prescription for eyedrops with antibiotics to keep an infection away.  Ugh, try giving eyedrops to a baby......

This picture doesn't do her poor eye justice.  She had a very, very hard time keeping it open.
The next day Lucy was playing wedding (dressed up in the flower girl dress from Josh's wedding) and spinning in circles.  She tripped and hit her face on the bottom corner of a wood stool that was on its side.  She fell crying and when she looked up at me she had a mouth full of blood.  I put ice on it and tried to get it cleaned up but the cut was on her gums and was hard to see.  I had called the nurse hotline first to see if there was a need to go in and they advised me to bring her in.  Well, the doc looked at her for a minute and said he couldn't do anything, what a waste!  Oh well.  She was promptly spoiled with chocolate pudding and popsicles when we got home.    I don't have a picture of Lucy's owie since the worst is on her gums, but her lip as a cut on it too.

Tomorrow we have to go back to the doctor for Penelope's 6 month visit and to have her eye checked.  It's looking much better today.

No comments: