Four Month Checkup

Lucy had her 4 month check up on Wednesday. She is now 12.7 pounds and 24 inches. A steady growth and she's in the 25% of all kids.... my petite princess! Of course, I'm sure the chart they use for the percentile is based on formula fed kids so that would indeed make her seem tiny.

Anyway, the doctor told us we can give her water daily- it won't affect her appetite. I was worried that she would get full on water but I guess not. She also said that we can start with rice cereal and mushy foods. Haha, the list she gave us is pretty funny:

So she spells out BRAT:
Bananas
Rice
Applesauce
Toast/crackers
and says these are the constipating foods. (So it figures they would be brat's huh? haha)

And that all the looseners/poopy foods:
Peach
Pears
Prunes
Plums
Peas
sweet Potatoes
...all Poopy foods start with P, pretty funny!

I asked her what she thinks of Lucy not sleeping during the day. She takes tiny naps (10-25 minutes) and only once or twice. Not like the nice loooong hour naps multiple times a day like she used to. So the doctor says... That's great, you have a smart baby! She said that Lucy probably just wants to be learning more about her surroundings and that means she's smart. Oy, some days I would love to have an average baby, I tell ya.

After the doctor left the nurse came in to give Lucy her vaccines. Oh, poor baby didn't like them at all. She fussed during the oral vax and screamed during the shots. The nurse gave her two rubber bracelets as a consolation prize and Lucy enjoyed gumming those until she fell asleep in the car. And then slept for a while longer once we got home. Then slept a little more as a nap before bed. Then slept most of the night.




The next morning (yesterday) she woke up happy and smiley! She felt hot tho so I took her temp, 100.7 orally. She was fine with it so I just put a onsie on her to help her cool down and gave her some Tylenol for the fever. She took a good loooong nap and was cooler and happy when she woke up a few hours later. By the late afternoon her temp had gone down one degree so we gave her just a little more Tylenol, she took another nap, and then her fever was gone. But every time she was awake she was happy (for the most part).

And now she's napping again! Good baby!!!!! Maybe she just needed some good ol' fashioned trauma to get back to her sleepy pattern. Hehe. Seriously tho, I think it may have been that I just wanted to hold her all the time and she wouldn't fall asleep that way. I set her down on her crawly pad and she plays for a bit, fusses, then falls asleep now.

Oh, and yesterday she was a rolling feind! She practically rolled from one side of the living room to the other. She flip, flip, flip, she was having so much fun! She goes and an angle, it's hilarous! She rolls, then kinds scoots her body round 45degrees or so, then flips, rotates, flips, rotates. It's great, If I get a video I'll post it.

So that's it for now. Tonight is the church beach party--- not sure if we will go or not. I don't want to go without Daniel and he won't be home until 6ish (maybe) and I don't want to stay out late with Lucy (7/8ish). We'll see tho.

No comments: