Hallelujah!!! She's asleep!!! For the past several days Lucy has not napped well, or at all some days. Maybe a 15 minute quickie here or there but not a good, long, fall asleep anywhere nap. So I put her on the play mat, layed down next to her, we chatted for a while and played with our hands--- nothing too exciting, lots of calming touch and sounds. After about 20 minutes she rolled over onto her tummy and cried for a while. I talked to her, touched her, let her know she was OK. Her head started to get heavy but her hand kept pulling her paci out and she'd cry again. So I grabbed her Teddy and put that in her hand to keep it occupied. She cried again for another 5 minutes or so, mostly soft cries- as in she was about to fall asleep. And bam, there she went. Soft asleep on her tummy with Teddy. Thank God!!!!
I sure hope she stays that way for at least an hour. I'm going to hang out upstairs to keep the noise down. Oooo! I know, I will read my new book! Yipee! I just got it in the mail this week "The Beach House" by Jane Green. It's the new book that came out last month. Thanks Sarah for the Barnes & Noble gift card!!
1 comment:
What a good mommy! Glad she slept for 2 hours! What a treat. Hope you're well.
Post a Comment