7:49pm Tuesday
Lucy has a habit of getting out of bed for hours after we put her down for the night. Well not always hours, but sometimes she'll do this for two straight hours! She gets out of her room, we put her back in bed, she gets out, we put her back in... It's exhausting. We've tried everything we can think of to keep her in bed.Today someone suggested that we lock her in her room. I'm not too fond of the idea, if there's an emergency she needs to be able to get out. Well, we happen to have one of those plastic, two-piece door knob covers. I've seen her snap it in two before so I know she can get it off. I just hope she doesn't play with it tonight.
We put it on tonight. She was asking what it was and I just made up a story. She was wearing Tinkerbell jammies, that was my inspiration. I told her that Tinkerbell lives in there and is going to watch her tonight. I said that Tink would tell us if she got out of bed. We put her down and closed her door.
Well Lucy is in there now screaming and crying, but from the sound she's still in bed! WOW! Let's see how this pans out... I'll let you know. I hate listening to her cry. It makes me sick to my stomach, physically. I get a bit ill. But she's old enough that I let her. Plus I know she's only crying for me to change her tape. She does it every night.
PS~ Of course we will take the plastic cover off the knob before we go to bed :-)
8:15pm
Well I think she cried herself to sleep, in bed!! I'll check on her in a bit and let you know.
Wed Morning
It worked!!! Daniel and I checked on her and she moved a bit and said "Snow White". I knew that's why she was crying, she does it every night. I put in one tape, even one she asks for, and she always wants to change her mind 5 second into it. This morning she came into my room and told me "Mommy I stayed in bed, the pirates didn't get me!". Oh I didn't mention the pirates earlier? Ha! I had told her that Tink would send in the pirates if she got out of bed ROFL! I said it before I thought about it, I'm glad pirates don't scare her (it's one of her fave rides at Disneyland) because that could have easily backfired in my face. It did seem to intimidate her and apparently worked.
No comments:
Post a Comment